Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Playlist Tuesday

                                    Who inspired me to write a book........

                       Let's be real today. Everyone has someone that has inspired them in their lives. Today, I want to share my inspiration as an author. Rachel Caine. She is the author of the Weather Warden Series, and The Morganville Vampires series. I had the opportunity to meet Rachel at the RT Convention this past year in Kansas City, MO. I, (the dork that I am) started crying like a pathetic nerd. I literally broke down in front of this woman from excitement. Now, let me say this, before taking the courage to do that I had just met Richelle Mead, Veronica Roth, and was working for the infamous Lora Leigh that day, but meeting Rachel I became a blubbering idiot. Now, let me back this up. Meeting the authors that day was truly a memorable day for me. Truly. I had held it together with the others, and had acted professional. Well, as professional as I could, but when I had the chance to walk to her table. I just started crying. Like a baby. It was embarrassing. I am a grown woman, and I hear I was crying. Well, needless to say, she was amazing. After that day I had started thinking that maybe I could take the leap and finally write down some of the stories in my head. So, here we are. I have a book that is half way done, and I am excited to see my work become a reality. I can only hope that I can inspire someone to live their dreams as I am trying to. The way that Rachel had inspired me. One day can change your life, and hopefully that one day for you is soon. OR maybe that day has happened for you, and your living your dream daily. 
  
         On the back of Rachel Caine's books are here playlist. We all know by now, that I love music. I wanted to give you guys the sneak peek of one of the characters in my book. Here is his playlist. 
  American Authors- Best day of my life
  Fatboy Slim- The Rockafellar Skank
  Snow Patrol- The Lightning Strike
   Pumpin Blood- NO NO NO
  Fitz and the tantrums- Out of my league

As usual please give them a listen!! I hope you enjoy some of his playlist. (I think it fits his charachter..just fyi..) 

No comments: