Friday, April 4, 2014

About me

                                                 About Me....
I am not sure where to even start, but here goes? My name is Dee. Actually, that's a nickname that I have had for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a small town in Texas. Maybe not as small as I had believed it was when I was teenage, but small compared to let's say Dallas. Wichita Falls is about two hours from Dallas. It always seemed so small compared to the big city. I wasn't born in Texas, and I use to pride myself on being born in Florida. Now, that I am an adult I can not seem to get away from saying I'm from Texas. In the time I grew up in Wichita Falls I went to three elementary schools, one junior high, and one high school. High school seems such a distant memory, yet I can remember walking the halls like it was yesterday. I can vividly remember cruising Kemp Street. That was what you did on Friday nights. Now, no one can afford the gas so maybe everyone hangs out at one of the Taco Bell's? During football season you go to the football games. That is what you do in Texas. You live for Friday night lights. Except if your a girl, then you lived to hopefully see the boy/guy you liked at the game. That was what I remember about football games, anyway. After graduation everyone was trying to find themselves, going to college, traveling the world. I took a different route. I moved to Florida for a year, then to Georgia. ATL!! Then back home to Texas. I met a guy. He was so cute. I married that guy. He was in the Army, that means I became an Army wife. Well, the cute boy went to Korea and I moved to live with his parents while he was gone. Now, when I say I came from a small town... I had no clue what that meant till I got to the midwest. Missouri to be exact. I remember crying wanting to go home, to Texas, but I had come to far to turn back now. So, the cute boy, my husband he comes back after 9/11. I was so very happy to have him safe and home. We moved to a military post, and started a life together. We started a family. Our world flipped upside down when my husband got hurt during his military service. We had a baby girl, and no clue where or what we were going to do. Then we decided to raise our daughter around   family. Back to Missouri we came. Soon we had baby number two! What a ride that was. Two beautiful angel girls, a husband in college, and me losing my mind. Life began and I was barely noticing. I became the Mom I should and wanted to be. I was the PTA type mom. I was even  president of a group for a couple of years. Now, well now, we are here. Me trying to finally fulfill a dream I have had, and trying to raise a family. I enjoy life. I enjoy my friends. I enjoy making others laugh. I live a pretty simple life, yet I live a good life. I am blessed to have the one's I call family (even if they are my friends) and I am blessed to know others care about my journey when they don't have to. This is me. Just plain old me.. 

  I had promised I would give more information that way I can talk to my readers. Please feel free to leave comments, and if you would like I am giving three of my social media ways to contact me.
 You can email me at Charmingdeeking@gmail.com
Facebook look for me under Dee King
And last but not least you can  find me on Twitter Dee_King_1979 
Soon I will give my Pin acct and some other fun places you can find me.
   Thank you for taking the time to let me introduce myself 
 I am excited for this journey with you all!! 
      DK
As usual I would like to give the songs from my  playlist :)
Hurricane by MSMR 

No comments: