Thursday, April 10, 2014

Making me frustrated!

I thought this morning I would share a picture with you guys, but I guess blogger has other idea's. Since that is unavailable this morning I thought I would give some insight into my book today, and see what you all think?
 When I started writing this book, I literally had one sentence in my mind that I knew I wanted to tell a story with. Exactly, one sentence. As I started to type the words just came. I had no idea how the book was going to go, I just had this one idea. I have always liked to tell stories, and I felt like I could run away with this story. I started thinking if I was in high school, and it was the end of my senior year what would I have done differently? Then, it went from there. I have really liked reading anything that was not of the normal. I loved Twilight. Yes, I said that! I read it, and I loved it! Then from there I wanted to read anything that was not of the real world so to speak. Then Selene, came to me. This character who I could relate to, yet I wanted to be. I knew then that I had a story I wanted to tell. The genre I am writing is young adult. I have been asked many times, why young adult? Honestly, I started the story in a young adult state of mind. As Selene grows older so will the books. I think back on how maybe if I had done this or that differently where would I be now? Then I thought about how everything happens for a reason. I figured with Selene, she could go to places I wanted, yet I could also stay grounded to what was important to me.

       Selene has some hard choice's to make in her life. Chose a love, chose a life that she wasn't prepared for, and chose to do what she feels is right. In the process of this, she learns about herself, and what she wants from this life. There will be twists and turns you may not see coming. I went to a darker place with the book. I wanted it to grab me, as I had been grabbed in some many books I have read. Using the word Charming I chose it for many reasons. As you read you will understand too. I also wanted to write a book about how not everything can seem as it is. A lot of people see thing's in black and white, I see thing's in the grey. What if this? What if that? I ask many questions, and I felt like maybe going into that fantasy world I could see how many other people like to live in the grey area's too? Sometimes living in color is the only way to live. I feel like we all need an escape. I chose this as my escape.

       I also want to remind you that I have a sarcastic view on life too. I felt that comes across in my book. I like to make others laugh, because I really feel laughter is the best medicine we can all use! I watch video's on my YouTube channel, and I share those. Often, so you can have a laugh too. Check it out if you need a laugh too!
 Dee King Charming Selene is usually how you can find me. I also will be working on new video's for YouTube that I shall share with you all!
Today this blog was made possible by one of my favorite bands! You can hear some of their music from soundtracks like Eclipse from the Twilight Saga, and a few others.
Fever-The Black Keys
They are great! One of my fav's like I said! Check them out!!!
 Have a beautiful, charmed day my friends!
     DK

No comments: