Thursday, March 27, 2014

Storms

 Today is the first day for the possible chance of severe weather for my region. The weather is funny. One day you may have snow, the next you have tornado's. That folks is why I love Spring. I remember as a child, being scared of the storms. Running into the cellar, or hiding under my blankets because under the blankets I was safe. Tornado's are not to be messed with. It is mother nature at her worst or best as some see it. You have to know what your looking for, and be ready in about fifteen minutes. For people who like to chase storms, it is our time of year where we feel the most excitement. The adrenaline rush alone is what thrives storm chasers. I went from being scared, to being one of those people who wanted to warn others. Winds pick up, and then a slow calm comes over the air. You watch the sky as it turns many shades of colors. It's truly beautiful in those moments, yet the scariest. Once you hear what sounds like a train, you may be too late. That means the twister is on the ground, and you need to haul your ass to a safe place. So I am writing this post for all of you who storm chase, and for those of you who do not. Take the spotters advice, listen to your local news stations, and be prepared.
Good Luck out there folks, and be ready for anything.
   DK

No comments: