Monday, March 31, 2014

Soundtrack to my book

   I was asked what would be a song I would use to describe my book, or my thoughts on my book. Since, I obviously love to talk about music. I thought I would share what and why??
   The song is called Letters from the Sky  from Civil Twilight
   Now, knowing most of you probably do not know this song. I will explain the reasoning behind why I chose this song. When I first heard the song, and I will give you a couple of line's from the song. Maybe you can see where I am going with my book. I said Surprise to my readers. So, SURPRISE!!
     The song is about love. How one day his love will come back to him. The first time I heard this song was at the end of the movie I am Number 4. I remember thinking how the song was beautiful, but I could not figure out who sang it or exactly what the words were. I researched. Finally, I had found the song. I listened to it, and still loved it. Even more once I knew the words. I will give credit to the movie I am Number 4 also. The movie is based on a book, and it was a love story wrapped into an action packed film.
    The chorus of this song is not just the best part of the song though. I will take some lines from the song, and hopefully you will feel the emotion of the song.
     "One of these days the sky is gonna break, and I'll know.... That you and I were  made for this, I was made to taste your kiss..    we were made to never fall away.... Never Fall away.. Until that day I will find a way to let everyone know that you are coming back for me.. There are only these four walls holding me here.."
   This song inspired my book. I hope you give the song a listen. As always I credit the band. Thank you Civil Twilight for your amazing song!!
    DK
        

No comments: