Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Playlist Wednesday...

I always look forward to this day for one simple reason.. Music. When I started writing about songs almost a year ago, I never knew so many people would love to read about the songs I use. When I started out on Twitter, I wanted to make sure that I got as many bands that I could, so I would have a wide variety of music. Then it just kind of exploded from there.

Now, I get music sent to me weekly, and asking about my blog. This blows me away. Here I am, just little ole' me, and people want to read my crazy words of wisdom. (Let's be honest, I just ramble about bullshit.) But, today is the day I always look forward to. It's just me and music. From Justin Timberlake, to bands you have never heard of, but most definitely should.



I did a mini interview yesterday with Alice Sweet Alice's front man. I want to share that all with you, today, and then another band. Here we go.

Me: What would you say your music is listed under?
ASA: Alternative, but we are more Alternative Rock.

Me:Are all of you from the Kansas City area?
ASA: Most are, except me, I am from San Fran.
Me:Cool, cool.

Me:Are all of you married? What's your band's ages?
ASA: 19-46
Me: WOW. That's a wide variety of ages.

Me:So, is there only one girl in the band, because on some of the tracks, a girl sings?
ASA: Yes, actually, there is two girls in the band.

Me: Do you have any gigs coming up?
ASA: Not really, we are just trying to write new lyrics and make music. We aren't looking to be famous, we just want to share our music with people.


This about sums up the conversation, but it was my first interview I did with a band. I was pretty stoked. Alice Sweet Alice, is pretty cool. I have now downloaded all their songs. Seriously, they sound like quite a few bands meshed together, but they are pretty darn good.


NOW, yesterday, I found out a band that I was really enjoying has decided to call it quits. I was upset by this. I found their music to be tunes that people should listen too. I have tried, I have asked, and I don't understand why they are done? I know it's hard for Indie bands, as it is for us, Indie Authors. BUT they have over seven thousand fans.. That's pretty darn good, for an Indie band. The song I loved I have listened to on repeat a couple of time today. The band is the Bedroom Hour. If you don't know them, then you should listen to their soundcloud on their twitter page. I felt like they were really going to make it. Of course, I am not in the music industry, and I have no real pull, but I can social media with the best of them.

The Bedroom Hour is from the United Kingdom, and even though, I am in the United States, doesn't mean I wouldn't pay for tickets to see them if they made the trip across the pond. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will rethink this option...

That's all I have for this Wednesday, for Indie bands.



AWOLNATION's album came out on Tuesday. You have got to pick that up as soon as you can. There is some great tunes on there. Seriously, check it out.

Alt-J is one of other favorite bands, and their 2nd album is killing it. It's a little different than their first one, but still good!

Muse (We know I am a huge fan) their next album is set to be released VERY soon! You can already, preorder their album, Drones, on Itunes, etc..
This will be a must own too, of course.

That's all for today, I look forward to next week, and more music!

-Have an awesome Hump day my friends, Dee-

No comments: