Monday, March 16, 2015

Music Monday...

 On this day, today, Monday, I have finally announced the first song from the Charming Series, Charmed Destiny. I heard this song a while back, in fact before I even started writing the second book. I fell in love with this song.. I would sing it all by myself and loud as hell. I felt a raw emotion with this song. I have no idea why. It just touched a part of me that I hadn't felt in a while. His words sounded like something I would say.. In fact as I write this I have the song on repeat. Haha. Yes, I am that kind of nerd.

I talk a lot about music and my books, but for me they go hand in hand. When I write I listen, I really listen to the words. My love for music goes back to when I was a small child singing on a stage. I couldn't live without music. All kinds of music. It makes you feel so many emotions. A certain song can come on, and all of a sudden your back in a memory you may have forgotten. Or you can hear a song, and tears fall down your face, and you don't know why.. Music just moves your soul. In this song, I am talking about today.. After he sings the chorus, there is a part where there is just an upbeat tempo that I can't get out of my head. I am not sure who Heidi is, but she sounds like so many other ladies I know. The guy in the story if the song, has had his heart broken, and he tries to warn her.. She doesn't take his advice. He tells a story in the song. These are some of my favorite types of songs.

I don't know the singer (or band) at all, but if any chance he ever reads this, I would want him to know that in one song you made a fan for life. This song was never released on radio as far as I know. I have the album, and when I heard this song.. It was the one. I would be in my car, and play on repeat.. Singing at the top of my lungs to Heidi. I didn't even care who saw me. I am pretty sure I still don't.

When I was starting to think of how the second book in the Charming Series was going to go, I started searching for music first. This song was it.. I know I am making a big deal over one song, but this song spoke to me.. I also felt it was worth other people hearing for these emotions that he speaks of, many have gone through.

Thank you, Jeremy. You gave me a song when I needed it. You helped heal me at a time I didn't know I needed to be healed... You have given me a song that I could use as an inspiration...

-Dee King-

No comments: