Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Today is Saint Patrick's Day. We could go into detail about why today is Saint Patrick's Day, blah blah blah.. But I feel at this point most people know the story. So, for me, it's a day to show my CELTIC pride!

When I started writing my second book, Enchanted Legacy, I knew I wanted to have a character based somewhat in Celtic heritage.. and thus the book has a Celtic roots as I do. It was exciting to share Celtic pride with people who may not understand it. My family comes from a long line of Celtic pride. Both sides of my family have Irish and Scottish roots, especially my father's side. We have traced our roots back to the 1400s. That's pretty damn far. We all know our clan name, where come from, and how our family got to America. It's something I am now teaching my children. Be proud of where we are from..

Something else exciting is happening today. AWOLNATION's album was released today! I would say I am obsessed, but I have a feeling that you already know that. I have been patiently waiting for today. There are two songs I have listened to on repeat quite a bit.. Windows, and Hollow Moon.

"Off in my head, lost, off in my head, lost.."
"Are we really safer in the shadows? Through the windows..."

These two sentences are in the song Windows, and I have sang it loudly.. How true is this? Are we really safer in the shadows? No, don't hide. Be yourself!

I hope today finds you with the wind at your back, and the sun shining on your face. -Dee-


No comments: