Thursday, January 8, 2015

There will be blood...

I thought today I would share a new teaser with you all from my new book, Enchanted Legacy, due out in the Spring. Speaking of Spring it reminds me of how warm it is then. Today, with temperatures plummeting into the negatives, it's Spring I am dreaming of. Stay warm out there folks, and if you happen to live somewhere where it's nice and warm. You are lucky. 

Now, back to the teaser photo, I have shared. This book is going to be different than what people are expecting from me. This is a dark, fantasy, novel. 
My first stand alone novel, as it is. I wanted to write a book that reminded me of one my favorite love stories, yet a tragic love story. Romeo and Juliet. 
This is my take on that concept. 
No one will ever compare to Shakespeare and they shouldn't try. That's why I wrote this. I wanted something different, I wanted something that you could sink your teeth into, so to speak. 
I wanted to write true feelings on how sometimes the world isn't always on our side, and we have to make our own paths. 
We have to make our lives for the better. 
Not letting others bring us down, pull us down, and overall, learn who we want to be. I often find myself wondering why everything goes wrong at once, or why when everything seems right, something goes wrong. 
How do we overcome the shit that gets thrown at us. Everyone has a story. Everyone has the ability to fight for what they want, what they believe and fight to be accepted for who you are. This book also has a character in it, I became very fond of. 

As I started writing this story I wanted this character. He had to be in a book. It may not be what people want, and I may take quite a bit of slack for writing a character like this, but I didn't care. 
I hope that when Spring does arrive you will fall in love with this book as much as I have. You may even recognize yourself in this one. Fight for what you want, don't let others try to sway you into being something your not. BE YOU! Believe in yourself, and the power to be awesome just the way you are. See you on the dark side, my friends.. 
Dee King


No comments: