Thursday, January 22, 2015

State of Union

           
 Who here watched the State of Union Address this week? You didn't either? Great! Now, I am not so alone. I actually watched the highlights of it. I feel like we get farther and farther away from what the United States were supposed to be about every single day. We are the land of the free, the home of the brave, and I only see that as one part true. We may be the home of the brave, but land of the free? Not so much. We vote these people into office, and yet, they do nothing. This isn't about being a democrat, a republican, or even independent. It's about the fact that we the people no longer have a true voice that can be heard. For the first time ever, a president, acknowledged transgenders. This is monumental to say the least.

Unfortunately, I felt that was a little to late to show you care about people in general.

We no longer have a voice, we have voices that say this is what we want, and this is how it will be. All of these people fighting and arguing over the same things they were when I was a kid, and before that. People say anything, to just win your vote. We vote you in, then you turn on us. I have always been proud to be an American, but it seems as of lately, we are to hang our heads low. People from anywhere and everywhere should be able to hold their heads high. Everyone should have the freedom of religion, of speech, and the best part, to just live free.

Do we still have those same freedoms that we once did? Do we fight for what we feel is right? I say yes. We wanted a change, and we got that. It just wasn't the change we were all hoping for. Now, politics is a tricky subject, and people can and do, argue for hours over this. This post isn't an argument for either side.

This post is about FREEDOM! Freedom to speak my mind, freedom to be whomever I so chose. This post is for the people that feel like they have lost their voice in the chaos of this life. I don't care who you are, you have the same rights as I do. Why do they make such a big deal over this? You can't help who you love, who you are, your not supposed to have to change because others disagree with that. If you are cut, do you not bleed the same color as I do.

We are all human, and we all have the right to be who we are. Just because a President finally acknowledges everyone as a whole, doesn't mean that you weren't important before. I have high hopes that one day this country, I call home, will stop all the bickering, all the petty fighting, and let people live.

JUST LIVE! Let them be. Let them be heard. Stop trying to take away all of our rights as a human, and start fighting for us. I hope that each of you know, that you are special because you are you! Don't let anyone tell you that your not.

In the words of Martin Luther King... "I have a dream.." And I hope that one day that dream is spread across the world, and we can all act like each persons life is precious. Stop the violence, stop the killing for what you feel is a religious issue. I can't imagine a God or Goddess that would want other people killed just to get to the heavens.

Thank you for reading my rant today. I know I didn't discuss the book, Enchanted Legacy, but in a way I did. I want people to be able to be themselves. Be true to who they are, and you don't need someone to acknowledge how great you are. You already knew that.

Dee King

No comments: