Thursday, January 29, 2015

Teachers can be awesome

         If you think back in the time you were in school, we all had a teacher that                                              made a difference in our lives. May be you had a couple of favorite teachers, but there was always one that stuck out to me. I can name three off the top of my head that changed my life. My favorite teacher became my high school counselor. She helped me more than I think she realized.

Mrs. Hicks is her name. She had pushed me to be whomever I wanted to be. She pushed everyone, though. I remember sitting in her office, one day, after I had ran away from home the first time. She was the one who sat there with me as I cried, and told me that I was better than this. That my grades were slipping and that had never happened before, and she wasn't going to let it happen that day either. That talk changed my life. I knew what I wanted and I had lost track of that. Anyone can be a teacher, but there are some out there that can be life changers.

Today, this blog post is about a teacher who has made an impact on the students in his school's lives. We all need a little "funk" in our lives. This is something those students won't forget. It could be life changing for them. It may have been fun, but this shows his dedication to his students. Today, I leave you with a great video of a teacher with his students. We may not all be teachers, but we can always be a mentor to someone. Find your place in this world, it's worth it.



No comments: