Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Time is getting close

 In no way shape or form am I trying to hurry this month along. I have been feeling the nerves kick in for a little bit now. Soon, I will publish Charming Selene to the whole world wide web. Nothing like having your words read by others, and hoping they don't hate it. Heck, just hoping they even read it.. Oh, I am sure that every author feels the same way. How could you not? I am not looking to be the next bestseller, I am just looking for others to read it, and not hate it. Haha.
 I have received some exciting news though, and that helps calm the nerves a tad. Not a lot, because let's face it.. even the best books are not read by some. You have your classics that you have to read in school (which no one ever wants to do, hence Cliff  notes), and then you have books that seem to fly off the shelf. How they manage that, well, that is a mystery to me. Is it the cover? Is it word of mouth? Is it that it relates to another book that you liked? How the heck does this happen? Marketing is one way, of course. If you have a publisher that has your book every where you go, odds are that someone is going to read it just because they assume it's good. For an Indie Author, it really is about word of mouth, and reviews. Those reviews can make or break you. (From what I hear??) I only want people to like it... Seriously, that's all. I don't even know why I am worried. What are the odds that anyone will actually even see it once I hit the publish button? I just wanted to write a book, and say "I DID THIS!"
    I think every one has a dream! I just can not believe my dream is coming true soon. Thank you all for reading my crazy randomness.
Dee

No comments: