Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Whoa!

 What? Two posts in one week? It can't be true.. (It is, though) I just thought I would shake it up for a minute.

I have slacked so much on sharing my playlists with you guys, that I started feeling guilty. This is one of those posts. Music is in me, it's what drives me, and today it's time to share some of the tunes I've been loving lately.

So many albums came out this summer, that I totally forgot to share with you guys. Some were some great buys, some were okay buys. Let's start with a recent album purchase.

Meg Myers- Album- Sorry.

This is her debut album. She had released two previous albums on her website, but they were not a complete album. (I bought those too, just a little FYI.) Anyhow, the song Lemon Eyes, is hitting the radio stations across the country. Now, if you listen to the radio station, 96.5 The Buzz in Kansas City, you would have heard most of her songs before she became as popular as she is. She has a unique sound, her first song that became a huge hit was the song with lyrics that say, How do you want me? That song took people by storm. The album is pretty great. I think you have to be a fan of alternative music to know who she might be, but she is worth the listen.

Alright, who else do we have?

Churches- Second Album.

Now, this band doesn't spell their name that way, but it's the only way to spell it out.

This being their second album, I have been patiently waiting. ( I say patiently, but that's kind of a lie)
I had loved their first album, which had songs like The Mother we share on it, and I was hoping this album was just as great. It totally is! (That was my cool rocker voice. Haha)
The newest song they are playing is Leave a Trace. This song is pretty amazing too. I have loved the whole album. She has such a sweet innocence to her voice, a little like Ellie Goulding. I am a huge fan on theirs!

Let's see.. Like I said so much music..

Florence and the Machine- Album number three!

Man, this chick just makes my heart happy. Her voice, her lyrics, just carry you away at times.
Now, she is pretty much a hippie chick living in the wrong era, but does that really matter when you can sing like that? Nah.
My favorite song from the latest album is What kind of Man. She pushes the envelope with this song. It has a great beat, and the words make me happy. She's kind of amazing. (I am a huge fan if you can't tell.)

I have so many bands that I could go on for like ever.. But today we will let this be it. As usual, if you like the music and check them out, please make sure you purchase the album. They work hard to make you happy.

Okay, folks, that's all I have for this blog post today, and just like every post, I live you with my words of wisdom. (Haha, yea, I laughed too.)

Peace, Love, and All that Jazz- Take care of you- Dee King

No comments: