Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Time Flies...

 I have been so out of it lately that everything is flying by me. I had a lot going on, and doesn't seem that I can make time stand still yet. ( I am working on magical powers. Haha. Just kidding.)
 Anyhow, time has been flying by, and not that I am ignoring my blog, it's just lately I can't find anything to keep current updates on. When you get stuck in a writing coma (that's what I will call it) it's hard to come out of it and share with everyone.

I have been working on the second book of the Charming Series for what seems to be forever. I am almost at the end of it though. This book is different for me, I found myself challenged more by trying to speak from the male perspective. I wanted to tell the story from Sebastian's point of view, and yet, let you still know how Selene was dealing with all that was changing in their lives.

When I first had the idea of just writing a book, I actually never thought I would go through with it. Now, I am on my third book (of writing books) and it often still feels like I am a rookie at this. I would say I am though. I don't have a college degree, I don't have people banging down my door for wanting to sign me, I don't have lots of money coming in from my books, that's just not my life. I didn't want that in many ways. All I ever wanted was to write a story that people walked away from going.. Yea, I could be that. I wanted to show the different sides of people, of myself, and more importantly, people could do anything if they wanted it bad enough.

When I get down on myself, I think of you. I go back to the times where I watched my blog numbers grow all across the globe, and how I couldn't believe people read what I was saying. Here, I am in all my nerdyness, just yapping away about things people may not even care about, yet somehow they did. The blog was supposed to always be about me talking about random things that had to do with my writing, but when I took a break from writing, I wondered if people would still want to read what I had to say.

You are your own worst enemy, is a phrase I think of often. I know for a fact that I am my own. No one will ever be able to tell you anything about yourself, that you don't already feel at times in your life. That's also why I talk so much about believing in yourself, and having the power to make that happen. If you can't find that within you, you won't find it anywhere else either. The sad part is that just because I am getting older, doesn't seem to always make me wiser. I want to be that person, but I find that I am often still learning.. Learning about people, learning about life, and learning that every day should be a blessing.

I am always lucky to live the life I live. It could be a thousand times worse, and I have to find some peace within myself, knowing that this is the way you should look at things. Life's not fair, life's not easy, I don't believe it was meant to be. We all have to keep pushing ourselves to do what we need to do in our lives to find the best us we can be. I am not even sure if that makes sense, but in a few words, my point would be do your best for you.

I will try and keep you all posted on the book, but as it stands I have about two chapters left to write, then edits. This story has been a long time running for me, and hopefully everyone ends up liking where the book is going to lead in the third book.

Peace, Love, and all that Jazz- Dee 

No comments: