Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Two movies, and a video

             This past weekend I watched quite a few movies. This is my opinion on just two of them.
             Shall we begin?

            The first movie would be Fury. The movie with Brad Pitt, about the tankers jobs in WWII.
            This movie was violent, but very real. It showed WAR times as they truly are. To know that during the times of WAR how hard people fight for their countries. It was a true beauty to see their compassion for one another. Throughout the movie, it's either kill or be killed. Let me tell you, I cried. Not once, not twice, but three times. This movie captured everything about war, about real people fighting for a cause they may have not been for, but are there to do a job. It was and is a movie I would tell anyone to see. It was truly a beautiful disaster in all honesty. Brad Pitt gave an exceptional performance, but so did they all. If you have been wondering if you should see this film, wonder no longer. You SHOULD!


The next movie is The Normal Heart. It was a movie on HBO. I have spoke about this film before, but I had not yet had the pleasure of seeing it. This movie really is in your face. It shows how love can be love, and how it can also cause chaos. A time when the world had no clue what AIDS was. One man started a fight that many are still fighting. The movie may be about gay men finding out that they had a disease that seemed to only be effecting them, but it was much more than that. I had no idea how hard these men had to fight, and without them, we still may be clueless as to what this deadly disease can do to millions. If you have ever had relations with someone, you should see this movie. Knowing and understand how the H.I.V. virus spreads, and how AIDS can claim anyone is the importance of this movie. The actors in this film went above and beyond my wildest thoughts a HBO movie could do. I truly hope that everyone sees this movie. It's an amazing true story of a love, lives taken, and finding a cure. 


Now, I know this is quite a bit in one blog post, but bare with me. Today is playlist Wednesday, and I have a song I would like to share. This song captured my thoughts toward the end of the book. It's beautiful, sad, and reminds me how you can set fire to the rain. I chose Adele's, Set Fire to the Rain, because I felt like this song says something about love. How you can feel, how you can grieve from love, and yet feel the beautiful tragedy of it. 
Without further ado, I give you Adele. 


No comments: