Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Let's get real

Alright, I know that what I'm about to say is very controversial in our country right now, (United States of America) but can we just talk about the giant elephant in the room? Or shall I call it the "cheeto in the big white house?"

There was no way I ever thought that the man who became president would become president. Seriously, I just didn't. It wasn't that my views are entirely different than his, it was the words that came out of his mouth. Honestly, it was like a joke that he was even running. Then when he won, it was like I lived in the Twilight Zone. Now, I'm sure many can say great things about him, but for me... There was no way that was going to happen. I understand that people were anti-establishment and that he was exactly that... BUT when do you get to draw the line on what the man stands for?

Again, at this point (during the debates) I was thinking this wasn't going to happen and that our country was somehow not going to vote for this man to be president... Boy, was I ever wrong. The reason that I'm even discussing this is the fact that for whatever reason it still feels like we are living in the Twilight Zone. Come on, this just can't be real is the thoughts that go through my mind every time I see or hear anything about our new president.

When I started writing a new book, (not the Charming Series) it's a dystopian novel and I felt like what would happen if he won. Now, the book doesn't seem so far fetched but more like a freaking nightmare.

How in the hell do you make fun of others, tell a country your going to build a wall, and yet make everyone believe you aren't the devil dressed in a three piece suit? This blows my mind. Like I said before I understand the whole anti-establishment part because let's face it, the government is quite shady, but this guy? WOW!

As a woman, I find it hard to even stay friends with some of my women friends for the fact that they voted for a man who believes that he can grab a female by her vagina and that's okay, because he is a man? Are you effing kidding me? Whether this was "locker room" talk or whatever the hell they want to call it, it's absurd to think women said, "Yes, he's the guy I'd vote for." Let's not even discuss the fact of him making fun of others, even with disabilities, and then laughing about it and people were still like, Yes, I'm voting for him? What in the.... Okay, so we move past that and now he is still saying the same shit he did, and people are still saying that this is what they wanted. How? I have yet to see anything that will make him this great President? The man wants to build a damn wall to keep out our neighboring countries? Why? Because they come here to have a better life?

I'm sorry, was everyone not in history class when the British came over here and decided to make this their country to get away from their King's rule?

Did everyone forget that they are all immigrants to this country and the only real "American" is the Natives who lived here long before we did? Oh, what about the fact that many presidents killed them, fought against them, and pushed their agenda on them? That's what makes you an American? I never once thought that. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, and I love our soldiers, but to forget how we all became Americans is wrong in my eyes. You see, most of our families came here for a better life. Isn't that what was so great our country?

We are the ones that said, give me your tired, your weak... And yet, now people say NO, send them back. What if we just start sending everyone back because your bloodline proves you aren't an American, you are from England or your from Ireland.

No, we don't have to like all the corrupt shit that happens in this country, and no we don't have to pay these people for coming over.. Why don't we stop doing that? No, because we still want people to come to our land, our home, and do business and make us money etc.. I mean doesn't this all come down to one thing? The almighty dollar bill? I quite frankly can't see how this is going to end well, but I welcome the idea of being proven wrong. I really do.

I guess for right now I still have my freedoms, but will that change too? Who knows... Maybe the people that voted for him, can tell me why he's so great and why he has done and said the things he did and yet you feel he was the one that would be the leader for our (already) great country?

I could go on all day about this, but I won't... You see, I fall somewhere in the lines of being a "nasty woman" and someone with a little bit more of a liberal background than the people I'm surrounded by. That's okay, because when it all comes down to it... Don't we all just want to get along?

Peace- Dee


No comments: