Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Back in the groove

After taking so much time off from blogging it's time to get back to it. When you have to write a book, social media, and try to run a household it can be time consuming. I let the blogging fall to the wayside. That probably wasn't a smart idea, but none the less it was something I had to give up for a while.

That being said, I'm starting this new year off with a great mentality and wanting to move forward. This blog is where I discuss every thing. Literally. Not just about the books, but life in general. Today we shall talk about one of my favorite subjects. Music. (Didn't shock ya, did I? Haha.)
When I write I listen to music, when I sit at my desk, I listen to music, when I do anything.. I listen to music. That's a lot of listening to music. In our house, we listen to music constantly. It's something that runs in our blood you could say. From the time I was a young child, I sang in front of people. (That doesn't happen now, but I will burst out into random song for no reason. That's always fun with the kids.They don't think so, but it makes me happy.) Then I did choir for many years... So music is just something I do you could say. On this blog, I've promoted many bands, many Indie bands, and music that people don't know very well. It's something I have prided myself in, due to the fact, that I'm an indie author.

While that all being said, it's hard sometimes to find a song that goes along with the books. The playlists take a lot of time to make too. I'm always looking for songs to describe what's happening in each chapter whether happy or sad or often angry with a splash of dark. The last book in the Charming Series is going to be one that I have avoided writing, but now look forward to.
When my ideas became a reality (to publish a book) honestly, I never thought how the books would end. Somewhere inside of me I just knew that it would. Today, I go back into what I call "writing mode." This means, I try to tune the world out, and focus. (That's easier said than done if you want the truth.)

There's a band that I fell in love with some time back... They've been mentioned here before, but they have a new EP out that worked so well for the start of the book, that I asked if I could use it. (They said Yes, and I was like a kid in a candy store. Haha.)

This song is the lyric video, and hopefully it gives some insight into how maybe the book will start. It's time to close the chapter (I like puns, what can I say? LOL) on the Charming Series. Here we go! One last ride and it's going to be hell, but some way, some how, it's going to come to an end...

Without further ado, I give you the first song on the playlist of the final book in the Charming Series.

RUN WITH IT- As always if you love the song or like the band please give them a like or share or a follow.
Thank you for letting me talk all my nonsense.
Have a great one!

Peace, Love, and All that Jazz- Dee King

No comments: