Thursday, January 12, 2017

Discussion of the day

Today we venture into the world of books and movies. When you take from aspects of a movie or book and it inspires you, that's when you know it was good. One of my favorite past times is to watch movies or cuddle up with a book. If you ever drop by my house on any given weekend past three in the afternoon, you will find me doing one of the two. (Saturday is my day off from the world most weeks.)

As you watch a movie or read a book, if it's good, you start to fall in love with characters and you also hate others. It's what drives you to want to finish the book or movie. That being said, movies have a way to draw you in because you can visually go to that world. With a book, your mind starts making them appear how you "see" them and that world. It's a fun place to be either way. Often the real world is a little chaotic and you want to take a break from all the outside noise.

Not too long ago, we watched a movie called Fury. It stars Brad Pitt and many others. The movie takes you back in time to World War Two when the American's fought the Germans. It's not a movie for the faint of heart, I'm not going to lie. It's a great movie and helps you see WAR from a different perspective. When I watch movies like this it always makes me be thankful for the life I have and thankful for the men and women who fight every day for me to live this life I live. I often can't imagine what it's like in a WAR type situation and honestly I don't know if I would have the courage they portray.

The reason I bring up the subject of the war type movies is that while I'm writing this final book in the Charming Series, I need input and a massive amount of research. I can picture things happening in my mind, but often it helps to be able to visually see it to describe something better. There is many movies on the subject of war and sometimes a little romance is even thrown in there. We can all take from aspects of life and put them into books. That's how it works. We use our lives as a platform and then we take from different avenues in our lives and apply them to our work. Often when writing I find that it can be a great way to release all of my inner demons and yet also bring a world I would want to live in.

Today, I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the people who are involved in movies, writing books that we love, and helping us get lost for a while from reality. Thank you!
If you haven't seen the movie Fury and you're looking for something to make you cry and yet find a passion for others, then this is the WAR movie for you!

Peace, Love and All that Jazz- Dee

No comments: