Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday Playlist

      Where to even begin? Wednesday is my playlist day. I haven't wrote very much this week. I have been trying to find music that sums up the new book I am writing. Charmed Destiny. The second in the Charming Series. There is a lot of emotions in this book. Trying to find all of the songs to describe what is happening seems to be a challenge. Whether it's sad songs, angry songs, or happy songs, music is what drives me in my writing. Looking for Indie bands is probably my favorite part of all this.

A band contacted me this week, and of course I listened. They were good! Sometimes, I won't lie, the bands that find me, I think, what the hell was that? But, then I try to listen to the song or other songs by them, and find that I like it. Not every band. I mean there is music out there that I don't like, I won't like, nor can understand. I do listen to every band that sends me their links, though.

With that being said, a band found me this week, that I liked. Beecher's Fault. The song was pretty freaking awesome. Now, I could say that and not mean it, but I don't work like that. If I like it, I tell people. If I don't like it, I probably don't mention it. These guys were good. Like make a record right now and buy it, that good. Big fan. I hope that they take the world by storm and people adore them. They deserve it.

Who else do we have that goes with the playlist of the book, you ask? Well, I think I am waiting patiently for some albums that come out in June. I have my favorites, we all do, and two of my favorite bands have albums coming out soon. So, be prepared for me to share the holy crap out of them!

The Foo Fighters new album is pretty damn good. I feel like everything they do is pretty freaking amazing though. I was and am a huge fan of Nirvana, and even though they aren't Nirvana, I can't seem to help but love them.

Now, bringing up old school bands like Nirvana, reminds me of how I started listening to the music I listen to. Alice in Chains, was one of my favorites. Heck, still are. Old school, Alice in Chains, not new. Yea, yea, I know, but it's just not the same as it was. Who remembers Creed? Man, I remember listening to that on repeat, now I wonder what the hell was I thinking? Do you have any old school bands you still like? I should definitely pick an old school alternative song for the playlist. I will find one, very soon!

Have you heard the new Modest Mouse album? I used a song from their first album, and I am going to use a song from their second album. Lampshades On. I love this song. That song made the playlist for this book. They have lyrics that sometimes make sense, and others that are just weird. I love it.

Alright, so for the big news.. Last week I was asked to write an autobiography for someone. This isn't just someone, she is pretty freaking awesome. No, it's not like we know each other that well, or even met in real life before. I have refrained from telling the world who it is yet, because legal issues. BUT when I can, I will share with all of you. This is exciting, and nerve wrecking all in one. I usually write stories that I tell, I have never wrote someone else's true story. Wish me luck. I will be searching for music for this book too. It's just now in the very raw stages of becoming a book. We shall see what the future holds.

Okay, let's talk about the book I have coming out in the very near future. Enchanted Legacy. This book has turned my life around. I wanted to tell a tragic love story, with a happily ever after ending. In life we face many challenges, and this book is one challenge after the other. Here soon, you all will get the chance to read it. I am nervous, I won't lie. The fear of people hating your work can almost consume you. I have to have some faith in myself that people will read the book, and find that through dark tragedy comes light.

I wanted to thank you. I know I say this all the time, but each of you help me.. You help me look forward to sharing about my life. About the music I love. There is hundreds of blogs out there, and the fact you chose to read mine, well, I am honored.

Don't be afraid to be you. Who wants to be normal all the time anyways? Normal is boring. Be you. Be Happy, and most of all, be good to yourself and others. Karma is a real bitch, and you get what you put out. I am a firm believer in that. That's all I have for this Wednesday blog post. I shall catch you on flip side!  -Dee-

No comments: