Thursday, May 21, 2015

Finally..

This has been a rough week. We went from the book going live, to the book being pulled. It was crazy. BUT after we got everything worked out, it's now available again. Whew. What a relief ... It was very hard to try to tell people that you are sorry, they just bought a book they couldn't even open. Like I said, it was finally all worked out, and we are good to go. When I wrote Charming Selene, I really just thought I wanted to tell my story in a very different way. Then as I started to think of another idea, Enchanted Legacy came to me in a rough draft type form. I knew I wanted to tell a different type of story, and I wondered if people would read it. As I wrote the story and the characters became so real to me. Real teenagers that had to live in a cursed world, and how would they deal with all of it.. on top of being in love. When my beta readers read the story, I was asked if I had really wrote the book. At first I was taken back, but then I realized that person thought it was good. That's when I got excited. I felt like I was finding my way through this book. I was in a dark place, and I wrote it out.. Tonight we are doing a giveaway on Facebook. It seems like just yesterday to me I was wondering if I would ever have anyone read the book, and now I am doing a giveaway for it. Life is funny that way.

I talk a lot about fulfilling your dreams, and how to reach for the stars.. I feel like I have done that. I want to give up like a hundred times a week, I won't lie. I don't even know if I connect with people enough sometimes, but then I think.. Yea, I like what I do, and I like the people whom I have met via internet. I have been lucky. I never have anyone tell me they hate my books or tell me they don't like me. I always wait for that shoe to drop so to speak. I appreciate all of the kind words, the amount of love I feel from people. It gives me hope that their are others out there just like me. People who want to just lives their lives, be happy, and share the love they have with others.
Now, of course, we all have our days, but for the most part.. I am genuine, and the people are too.

I missed the playlist yesterday, and I know.. I know that was no good. Due to a family member going into the hospital and my book issues, I just didn't have it in me. So, for today, I will share one last song for Enchanted Legacy. (Although, I typically find songs for the book all the time..) I will share this one. I used music quite a bit in the book. There is a part that one of the main characters hums a song.. I could never really think of what that song was, till I finished the book. I will share that with you all today. I hope you will join us on facebook tonight. The event is The Sassy Witches Present Enchanted Legacy. It should be fun, and I have a lot to give away.

NOW, for the song....

Ellie Goulding - Bittersweet
I know the song is from Twilight, but the song worked magically well. 
She has such a sweet, innocence, about her voice. 

I hope you enjoy the book, and enjoy today's song. Peace, Love, and all that jazz -Dee King-

No comments: