Wednesday, December 9, 2015

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the month of December and what most people call the most wonderful time of the year. The holiday season is truly upon us with only a couple weeks left till Christmas and the New Year. For whatever reason people seem more giving and caring at this time of year. Maybe it's the "holiday spirit" may be it's the fact that people do seem to like to give than to receive more at this time of year than any other time.

 For whatever reason, I find it uplifting.

Many people have different beliefs, many people in many countries celebrate the holidays in their own customs and ways. Some people are very religious and take this time of year to share their beliefs with others. I don't do that.. I won't be doing that. I feel the holidays are so much more than what people perceive them to be. It's not about your religious beliefs, it's not about how much you can buy for others, it's about what's in your heart.

That being said, if we were going to go off of belief systems then Christmas would actually be celebrated a different time of year, but again that's all subject to the person's beliefs.

I find that celebrating what I believe, celebrating the family time, and the love with one another is where I find the joy of the holiday season. Everyone should be able to enjoy the holidays as they wish.

When I was a child I have some of the fondest memories waking up on Christmas morning, the house already having this wonderful aroma in the air, and the feeling of joy in my heart. Now, my birthday is the very next day, so sometimes it was the excitement of that too, but for the most part I enjoyed the holiday.

 As a grown up I have spent a Christmas alone, I have spent holidays giving back to the homeless (it's wonderful to be able to give back when you can) I have spent the holiday traveling back and forth to family, I have spent the holiday crying.. Every year is different, every holiday season is different for each person.

This holiday I would like to just take a time to reflect on the past year, the past holidays, and make this one count. Last year we had almost what you would call a Christmas miracle happen.. I am not looking for anything like that this year, just a wonderful season of love and joy.

Many people suffer with being depressed this time of year, for whatever reason, and I am hoping that they find some peace and joy in this holiday season too.

We all come from different back grounds, different places, but that doesn't mean that we can't be kind to one another. Not just for the holidays, but in our every day life. Of course, not everyone is going to be able to do that, especially with the evil that seems to be lurking over our heads so much lately. BUT it's a nice holiday wish.

With all of this being said, I wanted to share a song with all of you today. I am not religious, I am not what most people are, I don't share many of my religious beliefs, but I found this song, and it was just beautiful.

I love music, and I love natural talent of the voices that can bring you joy. It doesn't matter what you believe, when you hear a song and it moves you, that's all that matters for those few minutes. I believe that you can like music, you can like songs that you enjoy, and it doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are. I hope that you find this song beautiful, and that may be for those few minutes it takes you to a peaceful place whatever you believe.

-Peace, Love, and all that Jazz- Dee 

No comments: